Monday, October 18, 2010

Confession of an Addict


Growing up watching animation on TV geared me up to be a little overacting when it comes to cosplaying. I know its not easy to cosplay and I am not a Cosplayer myself. I am however a fan of these shows that murdering such precious characters could send me literally to the land of annoyance.

Luckily the land of the Queen City of the South has recently been active on hosting events such as this. When I entered college such events barely exist and mostly parts of Manila were active then. It was late but then I am not too old to see such extraordinaire. I can still remember the first cosplay event i went to back in UP. Literally it was amazing, really good cosplayers back then. For now, usually high school kids are the ones being populated. I wonder what happen to those old ones, hmmmm...

Anyways since it's Halloween might as well share some fave cosplayers of mine worldwide. Some were really old though like I had them years hahaaha but anyways I like to credit these guys for a job well done!

One of greatest cosplayers I've seen so far. Hei from Darker than Black is one of my fave characters. When I first saw this, I was like seeing in reality. This person really pulled it off with the hair and pose.

Here is the person behind the mask. He was a She! hahahaha yeah, pretty good she pulled the character very nicely.

Who could forget Spike from Cowboy Bebop?! The muggy attitude who likes to chill all the time. What I like about this cosplay is that he really looks like Spike, complete with hair and that cigarette pose of his.

Card Captor Sakura has been part of my younger self ever since. Those Clow Cards and Keroberus never failed to amuse me before. So far, this is my fave cosplay of Sakura Kinomoto. Some were pretty mature too look at. I find this one younger since Sakura is still a child after all.

Just found this recently when my brother was looking for Ichigo's bankai sword. His hair my be too unnatural to look at but yeah still he is in my list.

Renji from Bleach. I like his hair, his sword, his face tattoos. Nicely done but for me Rukia belongs to Ichigo hahahaha.

This guy really creeps me out on the series. Gin reminds me of Soujiro Seta sometimes due to his eye expressions. One sneaky little guy. I'm not sure if this is a male cosplayer coz he/she has female like features.

Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji is one weird character. This guy made an excellent choice in a Halloween costume since Undertaker likes death a lot. His/Her smile is exactly like that from the original.

Not a fan though of Toradora but I had seen some episodes of this anime. The cosplayer really reminds of Tiaga though, except for the nose but still nice on the cat stuff toy.

One of the great anime I enjoy watching. Stein and Medusa could make a nice couple but Medusa is such a bitch hahahaha. Anyways I like this picture a lot both of them really look like the original ones. Love Medusa's nails and every bit on the costume, Stein is also being himself which is great!

I always love this Pain cosplay. He really looks like one complete with the hair, nails and expression. Who ever you are you surely did a fine cosplay indeed.

This is the only Gaara cosplay which is so much like on the original. The female cosplayer must have got the perfect head shape and skin tone to pull this costume off.

A natural looking Sakura. I find her putting not to much, effortless on portraying and pretty too. What else, for me she did a job well done on the cosplay.

When I saw this one, I was like waaaaah he really looks like Choji! hahahaha! Seriously the guy really looks like him! I thank him for that...

I never like Sai both from manga and anime but this guy really had the perfect body type for this cosplay. The hair may be a little long but i give a thumbs up on the paleness skin and really skinny body hahaha.

Neon Genesis Evangelion would be the first anime that got me thinking. Rei is one of the characters and here the cosplayer looks like one. I'm not sure though of other angles of her but this angle is nice!
An amazing Zorro from One Piece! If only I could see the face more that way I could tell completely. Anyway I don't know his hair color if its blue but this picture screams of Zorro a lot!

I love Mio from K-On. At least the cosplayer is bringing a real bass unlike some which were made. I don't get it why though but I like this version of Mio a lot.

Just found this pic like weeks ago. The only Muugen I would say that looks great! If my memory serves me correctly this guy is a Puerto Rican or some sort cosplayed in an event there. His stance and hair looks really like the original though. If only there were other pictures of him where I could see his face.

I love this version of Lacus Clyne. Her hair fits perfectly with her skin color. I think its amazing actually.

I really love Hunter x Hunter but now I am completely lazy to read the manga which is still ongoing. This Kuroro cosplay is wack! First saw this years ago, there was a Kurapica pic too but seems I can't find it. Anyways the tuxedo and the hair aren't bad. He really looks like the original.

She is a beautiful Kotarou from Gintama. Her expression suits her well just like the anime. Plus I love her umbrella as well. Nicely done indeed.

Lastly, Rei from High School of the Dead. I seriously love this series. Kinda brave of her to do a panty shoot for this but yeah it is so like the orogonal one! The zombie isn't bad as well.

So there you have it, some of my fave cosplayers worldwide. I know it's not easy to pull off a character, you got to have the essentials I guess to look like exactly the original.



**images sources: photobucket and deviantart

5 comments :

  1. I found a better Gaara and she's a girl~ woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha yeah a lot of female cosplayers are doing that :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.kineda.com/photos/features/rukia_cosplay.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. me encanto el de darker than black *-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the background music added x3

    ReplyDelete