Thursday, December 30, 2010

The truth 'bout Santa

So after seeing Glee’s a Christmas episode, this got me thinking. How did you find out that Santa Clause doesn’t exist? Like every little girl that screams for joy, I too had experienced the thrill of receiving gifts under the tree. I don’t know how parents can pull this thing off but I did received some weird gifts before.

the jolly old st nick but its a cosplay by someone [image source]

Of course Santa was real. He was dubbed as St. Nicholas who was famous for giving presents to homeless children on Christmas. St. Nicholas was the original but the only truth is that he’s dead. Yet the spirit he practiced when he was alive still lingers on through the years. Kinda touching actually.

So how did I find out about the truth? Well it was when I was in 5th grade when the presents under the tree stopped coming. Years back, the usual thing I get were sweets. Lots and lots of them! It was more like the Halloween where every imported chocolates coming rushing in. I also remembered hanging socks onto the door knob since we Filipinos don’t uses fire places. My dad actually said that bout the socks thing and added the longer the socks, the more presents Santa will stuffed it in. boy I was really a goofy fool hahaha. Usually the socks were stuffed with coins, the old version of 1php and the weird shaped 2php back then. Yeah those long white socks were clean but kinda weird too.

When I found out bout this, I just laughed my ass about it. I mean my parents were kinda good in hiding and yeah I realized that as children gets older, those sweets aren’t awesome gifts anymore.it’s still kinda fun seeing little men going excited on Christmas mornings.

We should thank the big guy for being the most important role on Christmas. Santa Clause has bring all the goodness for the season. Together of course with the birth of Jesus Christ, Christmas is born too.


0 comments :

Post a Comment