Monday, December 27, 2010

Worst adviser

Experience is the best teacher. We may hear such from elder people but nothing can beat when you actually went through a transformation of bliss or hell. Since some of us can share the same experiences we had, we pass them to people for them not to commit the same mistake again.

yeah pleas do see the link here hahaha

I can’t let my mouth shut when it comes to talking. Some of them are entertainment for conversation or just to amuse others on the stories you have experienced. But when it comes to a real crisis, it’s a different story.

I also get into a panic mode when it comes to crisis. Usually my expression would be wearing this big smile on my face just to hide my jittering hands. It’s a learned counter attack when I was in college. At least I have something to thanks my clinical instructors though, with those menacing stares and bad tempers during return demonstrations. So have these two scenarios I would like to share when I was like cracking up inside:

Scenario 1
This was when my cousin got her phone robbed. It was after lunch when I got the phone call from her. At first I thought she was kidding around since I interpreted her crying as laughter. I was like ‘pagsure diha bing oi, hahahaha’ (are you sure?, hahaha) took me minutes to register that she was serious. Then I started to say those comforting words which my mind was thinking for a moment but my hands were shaking already. The call ended saying they were heading home. When they arrived, all I could think about was that what things I’m supposed to say. Luckily the conversation started and ended smoothly though. And guess what I was with my stupid smile again when dealing such things. Glad that now my cousin is happily with a new phone.

Scenario 2
It was my friend’s birthday but she was like miles away from Cebu. I already greeted her earlier so I wasn’t paying too much attention to some texts of hers since I was kinda busy playing online games. What had caught my attention was that when she replied about her birthday being the worst day ever. I didn’t quit get that clear yet since we always exchange messages full of humor or laughs. So I usually replied that it wasn’t that bad, there are other important aspects of seeking her birthday beside the weather and the electricity. She was complaining about how some of her close friends forgot to greet her birthday. It was around 9-10 in the evening when she called. Didn’t know she was already crying so I kinda freaked out myself. Never thought she was really that lonely coz I hardly hear or see this girl cry. I was like that waah stop crying and finding legal reasons for those people. Or that because they didn’t know it was her birthday since it wasn’t on fb. I also made some remarks on to diverting the conversation into something less depressing. Luckily it worked somehow; she stopped crying and was saying some energy boost for herself. I was constantly laughing and my hands were trembling while holding my phone. She even said that I was being a joker when she was in a crappy mood. Sorry I really am a nervous wreck when it comes to comforting.

Typically those were the scenarios that happened to me recently which was nerve wracking. It may sound normal but I just really can’t handle such things. In advising though, all I could really do is listen then point out something which is to me correct. Hence think before saying something inappropriate hehehe.


0 comments :

Post a Comment