Thursday, October 13, 2011

Donna


I never realized that one of my friends from college would pass away so easily. Meet Donna, one of the persons I found interesting. I never quite fully understood her though but I did get the picture years back on sophomore Year College.

Don’t know why but I belonged to a group of the Chinese blooded. I guess we had click for some reasons. I mean their families are rich, I am not; they belong to some well-known titles in the city, where I came from the proud city of the Ormoc and they can speak chinese, whereas my father side does has Chinese blood but we don’t speak any language of some sort. Anyhow we just had this mutual understanding when it comes to making friends, we respects each other’s opinions and get along pretty well. Although at that time they didn’t quite hang around the night, but we were not a bad group either.
 
How can I describe Donna? We were not that super close but we stayed in touch years after she left the college…


With the gang L-R( Carmi, Donna, me, Ivane, Dan, Lara, Ken) way back early days celebrating Carmi's birthday on some ice cream (sorry for the crappy picture)

One thing, she was a generous person materialistically and yes she’s one of the friends you can talk to. She’s a person having sensible conversations. Downside was she was already sick when I met her. I presumed because of her sickness, she was kinda lazy. I respected her for all of that. There were some points about her I don’t get.
 
For once, she somehow hated her parents for doing the stuff for her. She is like all hate about them, but all I can see was that she should be thankful for having them, one of the nicest parents I ever met. Although she was quite emotional when it comes to her love life, I never understood why she was rushing to fall in love. Getting attached to mostly on the same sex. I know I’m being too judgmental about it but her partners were to me doesn’t suit her. If I have vices, well she was the first one who had them. She didn’t influence me though; I was just a witnessed to her actions of rebellion. That 
was what I thought
 
Until I realized it why she was rushing things. I never quite saw it clearly.

 The last time I saw her was at her wake, such a shame never did the chance to visit on the hospital

I guess when you know that you have a time limit in this life, doesn’t matter to whom you share it with as long you can experience it. I salute her for that, instead of waiting for life to end  she took actions. She wants to be in charge of what is for her. Maybe we saw it as ill acts but I can't blame her for it.

I would agree on what her dad said about her, she’s one tough cookie on the outside. Never admits defeat and all but inside she’s emotionally fragile. I can still remember the times she cried a lot due to some stress of relationships, in school or family. She would somehow stare blankly in space when a song she likes hit her. She loves to sing that I can remember.

She may not see this post but again Donna would be one of those interesting people I’ll never forget.

0 comments :

Post a Comment