Friday, October 07, 2011

Quarter Life Crisis


Borrowed and read the book, It’s kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. Practically light and fun to read which probably you could finish it by one sitting. I discovered there the term quarter life crises. As what my memory served me, it was like the half of the middle life crises or the age after your teen years where you have to face the reality.

 the book ain't bad, try reading it [image source]

So I googled this one since a friend of mine asked if this thing exist:
‘The quarterlife crisis is a period of life following the major changes of adolescence, usually ranging from the late teens to the early thirties, in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult. The term was coined by analogy with mid-life crisis.’

True it exists now since basically I think I have it…
 
According to Erikson’s 8 crises on human being, we have these social crises to overcome in every developmental stage. Adolescent has the identity vs. role confusion. I did however trouble on who I was way back but I did get over it. Young adulthood has intimacy vs. isolation. I guess I have trouble facing reality now due to some intimacy issues I guess. Funny when I just learned about this on college, I said to myself I didn’t experience nay crisis on every stage…yet. I was wrong. It all started to think about it when I had work. I guess I need to get out of there. Somehow work has drawn me into some self-hate. Due maybe to some circumstances of failed responsibilities or that it was so simple that I over analyzed it. Either way still I found some self-hate which scares me.
 
I guess I hate having responsibilities, but I need some finances to survive though. So should I quit then? Sooner maybe but I have to finish the contract then, as for now all I ask is to have passion on it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment